Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

ST Website Competition


WEBSITE COMPETITION! WEBSITE COMPETITION! WEBSITE COMPETITION!

The phrase keeps going through my mind as I was going home that day. The announcement that we (our company) will be having a website competition filled me with excitement. What, exactly should I make as an entry? The first that came to mind is of course, Cebu travel, since this is the topic I'm most comfortable about. But what new stuff do I offer? Considering the extent of the niche, will I be able to tackle it? The mechanics says it must be SEO-friendly and we have to be composed of a group of 4 from various departments: a designer, a coder, a writer (that's me) and in my group's case, an analyst (good old, Kesh Parker). After looking for partners, it turned out to be a 2-member group only since most of the designers have been taken by other groups. We brainstormed for a unique niche to start with, what features to include, what will be the general approach of the site and the overall navigation as well. So, we pushed for a Cebu travel site anyway and yes, it is now in its early stages. 




I christened the site CWP (its initials), and like every competition, I'm hoping as in hope that we somehow tickle the judges' fancy and get the most votes plenty enough to have a place in the contest. This is actually the reason why I can be found tinkering with the Web late at night- researching for our new baby site. And while doing the research, I'm blogging on the side! 

Isn't it awesome? I'm giving it the run now that's 2010 is coming to an end because one of my resolutions this year was to blog as much as I can. Hope I could catch up!


No comments: