Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

PLDT Rant: 1st Rotten Tomato Award

A mixture of relief and excitement went through me as the modem and telephone were finally set up in our living room for the WiFi package (P990/month) of PLDT. We tested the WiFi connection and it went well on my netbook. The "installers" though did not ensure if it will run well on my desktop upstairs and to my lack of foresight, I did not make it a big deal because I thought I can make it work myself. When I tried to connect the PC that night, it did not work and I quickly regretted why I didn't let them test it beforehand. So the next day/s, I called 172 for their technical support and asked what could be wrong with my connection, given that it is still newly installed. The technical rep on the other end walked me through the PLDT system which can be accessed even without Internet. He was polite and knows what he is doing though but he should have asked first what level are my computer skills so that we would have an easier time with the process. 

So I suggest to the PLDT support team, you can maybe include this as your first spiel: "What level of computer and Internet skills would you rate yourself mam/sir?" From there, the CS rep can then proceed accordingly and will not make his life difficult and that of the customer's as well.



Back to the issue here. After checking my IP address and the WAN, we can't still go through Google and any other sites. The technical guy said it kept reverting to their PLDT IP address and that he will just forward this matter to the persons concerned. I asked him when can I expect a solution and he said he will be calling within the day if it's already fixed. I told him to still inform me even if it's not fixed yet so that I can use SmartBro for the meantime. 24 hours have passed and they still hadn't called me. I tried connecting again, and yes, it did went through. But then, the next time I logged in, there's no connection again. So it was getting clear to me that the PLDT Internet service is not reliable. Then I contemplated on having it disconnected because it is not just worth my hassle. For now, I'm waiting for the month to end so that I can make a final decision.

No comments: