Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love by E. Gilbert





owww.. The wariness I felt when I first saw this book. Actually it was a mixture of surprise, gladness and worry that enveloped me; this book was a special gift from the special-est someone of my existence thus, the mixed-up elation. Of course, I'm so happy that a gift is bestowed on me. But, a "girly" book? Well, try me, I thought. I'm actually so versatile when it comes to books and this challenge would just be a piece of.. 

SURPRISE! The first ideas are interesting enough that I keep paging till I got through paragraphs. And with honest-to-goodness humour in between, what could I ask more of a book? Well, there is of course, the plot, the twists, the language, the general appeal to different specific audiences: but I'm a non-demanding reader. I only want good ole humour from a book and when it does make me laugh, I salute the author right away. So, you want to know what's laughable in Eat, Pray, Love? Dig in! 

(This is my cool way of saying, watch out for a review, folks! wink-wink) 

No comments: